1. What information is verified through the background check and how long does it take to receive results?
The Choice Schools Associates background checks for all Federal, State, and Local offenses. Choice Schools Associates is required by state law to fingerprint all school employees. Our background checks are typically completed within 2-7 business days.
2. Does Choice Schools Associates hire teachers under an Emergency Teaching Permit?
Rarely does Choice Schools Associates hire teachers without current valid certification. Only in dire situations where all recruitment efforts have been exhausted and no candidates are available with proper certification. Choice Schools Associates only employs highly qualified teachers for all grade levels.
3. I have a teaching certificate from out of state, what do I need to do?
Please contact the Michigan Department of Education for information concerning transfer of your permit.
4. Does Choice Schools Associates hire internal building substitutes?
Yes we hire building substitutes for long term and short term opportunities within our schools.
5. What types of benefits does Choice Schools Associates offer?
Choice Schools Associates offers all FT employees an array of benefits including:
- PTO (Paid Time Off)
6. Where are job vacancies located?
All open positions are posted here.
7. If I am applying for a paraprofessional position, do I need to meet the No Child Left Behind Highly Qualified Standards?
Yes. In compliance with NCLB legislation, Choice Schools Associates is committed to only hiring highly qualified teachers and paraprofessionals.
8. Are substitutes or temporary employees offered benefits?
No. Substitutes or temporary employees are not offered benefits.
9. Will certain convictions keep me from working in a school?
If you were convicted of an offense that requires you to be listed on the Sex Offender Registry, you cannot work in a school at all. If you were ever convicted of a felony in any state, you cannot work in a school unless permission is granted from the board of directors.