How We Can Support Your School
- Manage the academy’s financial system to guarantee compliance with the Michigan Public School Accounting Manual. Academy board is provided monthly financial reports along with supporting documentation. All accounting details are available to the board upon request.
- Implement sound financial procedures and controls to ensure all assets are safeguarded and in financial compliance with appropriate government regulations and policies.
- Prepare the academy budget with the assistance of the school leader and finance committee. Budgets are prepared by Choice within our financial system, but all stakeholders are given an opportunity to provide feedback on programming and needed instructional spending.
- Provide monthly financial reports for the board’s review five to seven days prior to the board meeting.
- Process and submit all required financial reports on behalf of the academy.
- Lead the annual financial statement audit by working with the board’s approved audit firm to ensure all documentation is provided for a clean and successful audit.
- Process payroll for employees assigned to the academy. Unlike many management companies, Choice does not charge an additional fee to process payroll.
- Manage employee benefit programs to remain consistent with the evolving needs of our employees and to remain compliant with the Affordable Care Act.
- Prepare state and federal grants for the academy in alignment with the School Improvement Plan.
- Work with the Michigan Department of Education and Office of Field Services on interim grant-related audits.
- Assist with securing the financing of new construction, building acquisition, and remodeling projects.
- Seek additional funding from private sources and foundations.
Meet Our Finance Team
Chief Operating Officer
Director of School Finance
Assistant Director of Finance
School Finance Manager