How We Can Support Your School
- Provide highly qualified and passionate school leaders, teachers, and support staff to each academy. Over 60% of our instructional aides have teaching certificates, and 100% of our full-time teachers have Michigan teaching certificates.
- Create, train, and develop I*We School Selection Teams to assist leaders in selecting candidates that fit the culture and vision of the school. I*We team members go through an intense screening and training process to ensure that they fully understand the hiring process and legal ramifications of hiring decisions.
- Meet and exceed state requirements for the evaluation of administrators and teachers. Choice uses TeachPoint, an online system that ensures all employees are observed and formally evaluated according to the guidelines set forth by the Michigan Department of Education.
- Provide a rigorous evaluation and observation-training program for our school leaders with the goal of delivering high-quality, timely, and meaningful feedback.
- Prepare and facilitate all personnel related audits from the State of Michigan or the charter authorizer. Choice has had 100% clean audits with zero findings for many, many years and has been recognized as a leader in establishing an organized, hassle-free, and auditor-friendly system that meets requirements of both the law and the authorizer.
- Continuously monitor pay and benefit trends to ensure that employees are paid with both internal and external equity.
- Develop a strong school culture and a sense of pride with employees through anniversary recognition programs, teacher appreciation week, Power of One recognition programs, and our “Thrive Talk” internal communication newsletter.
- Consult with school leaders on employee management issues and ensure that employees are treated fairly and with respect.
- Support the employees’ needs for growth and development so that the employee has the opportunity to grow his or her career.