How We Can Support Your School
- Support implementation of the educational program and curriculum defined in the academy’s charter contract.
- Analyze curriculum for Common Core alignment at all grade levels and make recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Support the school leader in developing and implementing academic enhancement programs, including our comprehensive curriculum analysis, test score improvement plan, and intense professional development programming on working with underserved populations.
- Support the student academic assessments outlined in the charter contract.
- Help to communicate student academic progress to parents and community stakeholders.
- Provide oversight for special education programs and assure that all students with IEPs receive the appropriate services to help them advance while adhering to the federal IDEA regulations and Michigan Administrative Rules for Special Education.
- Startup and develop early childhood programs that support the mission and community of each academy.
- Apply, develop and support with obtaining state funding, and provide oversight for GSRP (Great Start Readiness Program) state-funded tuition-free preschools when approved by the Academy Board. In less than 10 years, Choice has developed programs for over 360 preschool children, providing needed services for the community and a gateway for children into Choice-managed Academies.
Meet Our Team
Director of Curriculum and Instruction Preschool Oversight
Sarah Vander Baan
Director of Specially Designed Instruction and Student Services
Literacy Coach and Curriculum Specialist
Montessori Education and Communications Specialist
State and Federal Programs Specialist
School Support Specialist
Special Education Supervisor
Director of Technology, Online Solutions and Data