It’s been a busy summer here within the Choice Community and we have so much to celebrate! Our staff was able to actively engage in network-wide collaboration preparing for a fall full of promise. Throughout our 16 school organizations, all school roles were engaged to support the development of a strong school year by participating in conferences, professional development and so much more. We are proud to see our team’s hard work pay off through strong starts to the school year, and we’d like to recognize the engagements and recognitions that reflect the positive direction of our Choice Community. Check out our summer highlights below and be sure to keep us on your radar this school year. We are doing some big things that we can’t wait to share with you soon!
A highlight reel of our summer includes:
- Launched our upcoming strategic priorities with our Central Office and School Leadership teams.
- Awarded thousands of dollars worth of scholarships to graduating seniors within the Choice Community.
- Hosted our First Annual Scholar Teacher Retreat.
- Attended the National Charter School Conference in Washington D.C.
- Hosted our annual School Leaders Retreat.
- Awarded Alan Bosker, Secondary Principal at West Michigan Academy of Environmental Science Choice’s Leader of Year award.
- Launched the Montessori Experience for our Montessori Model staff
- Awarded the Best & Brightest Companies To Work For in West Michigan for the 3rd year in a row.
- Received The Hill Pointe School letter of intent from Central Michigan University.
- Completed Creative Montessori Academy’s move to Central Michigan University with a 5-year authorization.
- Launched the new school year with a strong school leadership team, welcoming new and school leaders to our community.
- Shanina Draughn joined Macomb Montessori Academy as the new School Leader.
- Cheryl Paull, the former leader at Macomb Montessori Academy, was promoted to an area superintendent serving Bradford Academy.
- Lisa Loger was promoted to the Headmaster of Creative Montessori Academy and Lindsay Defenthaler was promoted to Assistant Headmaster.
- Ben Ransier joined the growing team at Ivywood Classical Academy as the Dean of Students.
- Shared the news of our organization model focus. See the announcement here.
- Highlighted Three Oaks Public Schools Academy Teacher Ms. Freeman who won a $750 shopping spree thanks to Maranda from WoodTV8 and Meijer.
- Hosted our annual volunteer day event, Choice Serves, at Benton Harbor Charter School Academy.
- Partnered with Davenport University’s College of Urban Education to continue to build a pipeline of quality teachers. Details coming soon!
- Launched the 2022 School Leadership Institute in partnership with Ferris State University.
- Designed our 1st Annual Payroll Team Training.
- Hosted boot camps and trainings to launch the school year strong!
- Welcomed back nearly 900 staff members and 6,500 students over the past three weeks!
To cap off a wonderful summer and begin the school year, we just learned that we were also named among the Best & Brightest Companies to Work For in the Nation! Thank you for your continued partnership. We look forward to another great year.
President, Choice Schools