Choice’s commitment to education leads us to strive for top-of-the-line instructional programs. The following are steps we take at all of our partner schools.
- Ensure implementation of the educational program and curriculum defined in the academy’s Charter Contract.
- Analyze curriculum for Common Core alignment at all grade levels and make recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Support the school leader in developing and implementing academic enhancement programs, including our comprehensive curriculum analysis, test score improvement plan, and intense professional development programming on working with children of poverty.
- Conduct the student academic assessments outlined in the Charter Contract.
- Communicate student academic progress to parents and community stakeholders.
- Provide oversight for special education programs and assure that all students with IEPs receive the appropriate services to help them advance while adhering to the federal IDEA regulations and Michigan Administrative Rules for Special Education.
- Create and develop early childhood programs (tuition and state-funded) that support the mission and community of each academy.
- Create, develop, obtain state funding, and provide oversight for GSRP (Great Start Readiness Program) state-funded tuition-free preschools when approved by the Academy Board. In less than 10 years, Choice has developed programs for over 360 preschool children, providing needed services for the community and a gateway for children into Choice-managed Academies.