Choice undergoes the following processes to ensure that school operations at all of our partner schools run as efficiently as possible.
- Assist school leaders and facility maintenance personnel in maintaining building and grounds in a safe, attractive, and efficient manner.
- Assure compliance with facility health and safety regulations (e.g. AHERA) and direct the remediation or repair of facility problems.
- Assist school leaders in the management of transportation/bussing programs.
- Provide guidance and oversight of food service and childcare programs.
- Assist all academies to apply and receive E-Rate technology discounts for eligible services (e.g. Internet, phone, infrastructure). In 2015-16, Choice helped their academies save over $380,000.
- Assist academies in creating educational technology readiness plans to assure preparedness for state and local assessments.
- Assure that all academies meet federal Child Internet Protection Act rules and that safeguards are in place to protect children from unwanted website exposure.
- Provide staff supplemental training and oversight for all student databases and online services at the academies.
- Obtain child nutrition program grants that allow schools to participate in the National School Breakfast and Lunch Program and the Child and Adult Care Program.
- Coordinate the state-regulated process in selecting food service vendors for each school, and provide oversight to all aspects of food service management.
- Oversee and guide school’s compliance with the state pupil accounting regulations and process.